An easy and tasty recipe for Asian Style Satay. Great way to enjoy Dawson Valley Free-Range Pork Mince.
- 600g Pork Mince
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup moistened desiccated coconut
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 2 large chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tblspn coconut sugar
- 1 tblson plain yoghurt
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tspn soy sauce
- 1 tspn salt & black pepper
- 10 satay skewers or lemongrass stalk
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Shape a heaped tablespoon of mixture around the lemongrass stalks.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 25 – 30 minutes or over grill until golden brown.
- Serve with lime wedges & homemade satay sauce.
Cashew Nut Satay Sauce
- 1 Cup Cashews
- 3 Clove of Garlic
- 1 Large Chilli
- 1 Lemongrass Root (Fleshy White Part)
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tin Coconut Cream
- 2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- Dry roast cashews in a frypan for 2 minutes. Cool.
- Add garlic, chilli, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves & cashews to a food processor & cut finely.
- Place coconut cream, soy sauce, & lemon juice in the frypan. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, add cashews mix & simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir regularly to prevent sticking. Season to taste with salt.
- Serve with pork lemongrass satay or drizzle inside fresh rice paper rolls before rolling them up.