An delicious easy cake, perfect cold as part of a dessert table or for afternoon tea. Serve with Barambah Organics Vanilla Bean Yoghurt or Pure Cream.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 400g fresh cherries
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease a 22cm cake tin and line with grease proof paper.
- Melt butter & allow to cool.
- Deseed all of the fresh cherries. Quarter all of the cherries, except put 15 aside as halves.
- Mix flour, almond meal, baking powder and salt in bowl.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, sugar & melted butter together for 2-3 minute to be thick and creamy.
- Beat in vanilla essence & dry ingredients. Once mixed, add the quarted cherries and fold through.
- Pour batter in the prepared cake tin & palce in oven.
- Remove from the oven after 12 minute and arrange the half cherries on top of the cake.
- Return to the oven & bake for a further 15 minute or until golden.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes & serve warm or cool.