4 x 200g Organic or Free Range Pork Loin Chops
4 Spring Onions
Optional: lemon, honey or maple syrup to glaze
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 bunch of Asparagus
To Prepare your Pork
Rub both sides of the chops with olive oil and season very well with salt and pepper.
To Cook your Pork
- Lay all chops flat in the pan and give them four to five minutes on each side turning every minute.
- Spoon a large tablespoon of honey/maple syrup over each chop
- Keep turning chops so they are nicely coated
- Cook until almost a dark reddy-golden colour and wonderfully thick and sticky
- Remove chops to a plate and allow to rest for a few minutes. Squeezing over a little lemon juice if you want to balance out the sweetness a bit.
To Cook your Asparagus
- Cut off the woody end of the stalk
- Bring water to the boil in a saucepan and add a teaspoon of salt and all the asparagus
- Place lid on the saucepan and bring back to the boil and cook for 1 to 2 minutes
- Drain asparagus and drizzle olive oil over the top
- Season with salt and pepper
To Serve your Pork
- Serve your chops on a bed of mashed potato topped with dressed asparagus.