Why eat organic food?
- Local organic fruit & vegetables are picked fresh & nutritionally superior to conventionally grown produce.
- Organic Food is free of toxic pesticides, fungicides, insecticides, artificial fertilizers, anti-biotics and growth enhancers.
- Organic Farming is Sustainable, minimizing the use of non-renewable resources & ensures healthy farmers & a healthy future for generations to come.
- Organic Farming provides a safer environment and a cleaner world with reduce, reuse & recycle a way of life.
Organic Farms increase biodiversity & produce quality products which are true to species & grown naturally.
- Organic farming does not support Genetically Modified Crops.
What is Certified Organic?
Certified Organic farms & produce are thoroughly audited by an independent body known as an Organic Certifier. The Organic Certifiers have extensive standards which all producers must strictly comply by.
Australia has 7 Organic Certifiers
|Australian Certified Organic (division of Biological Farmers of Australia)||http://www.aco.net.au/|
|Organic Food Chain||www.organicfoodchain.com.au|
|Organic Growers Australia||www.organicgrowers.org.au|
|Tasmanian Organic Dynamic Producers||www.tasorganicdynamic.com.au|
|Safe Food Qld||www.safefood.qld.gov.au|
All produce & products on our website will indicate their certifying body. Some products are sourced from overseas & have international certification such as IFOAM, please contact us if you have any certification queries.
Where does our produce come from?
All our fresh produce comes from reputable certified farms & wholesalers.
We purchase our fruit and vegetables from local & southern suppliers.